Site ID: 4371
Headwaters at Tryon Creek
Address: 8833 SW 30th Ave. Portland 97219
Other Site Names:
- Fraternal Order of Eagles (former owner/occupant)
- Village at Headwaters (low-income housing development component)
- Headwaters Stream Daylighting Project
- Headwaters Apartments ("workforce housing" development component).
Headwaters at Tryon Creek (undated, unsigned document accessed at City of Portland site 7/22/20):
The Headwaters at Tryon Creek serves as a demonstration in sustainable stormwater management, green development practices, wildlife habitat restoration and water conservation. The development includes LEED Silver rated senior housing, town homes and market-rate apartments along with numerous environmental site enhancements which are highlighted by the first daylighted creek in the City, running the length of the 2.8 acre (1.1 hectare) property. This newly developed community is now a part of the growing ecology of its site.
• Variety of Housing
– Senior, Affordable Row Houses, and Market Rate Apartments
• Building Construction – Complete in 2006
• Wetland Enhancement – Complete in 2006
– enhancement of upstream wetland adjacent to project
• Rain Garden – Complete in 2008
– manages 1.5 acre (0.6 hectare) of commercial parking lot and street runoff
City of Portland bond issue statement (April 6, 2005): https://www.portlandoregon.gov/brfs/article/110486.