- State and local legislation, campaigns, actions of interest to YIMBY groups
- other items which are foci of YIMBY organizing, e.g. ballot initiatives, elections, community plans, specific projects
- Boulder, Colorado deep dive - relevant history, land-use background (e.g. urban boundary), key organizations and political players, legislation and initiatives, etc.
- Bay Area and Oakland foci, connecting to our parent/affiliate groups and to the upcoming YIMBYtown national conference in Oakland in July.
- National legislation and regulation changes
- existing and new solution patterns: e.g. value capture, local sharing of development benefits, legal strategies/innovations
- Mission-related topics which are not adequately or well covered elsewhere, e.g. in Wikipedia, and/or for which we can plausible seek to be the best resource on the web.
- possibly, dedicated pages for highly significant works (e.g. books, studies, articles) for which it would be useful to create a summary outline, collect different responses, list ways to access the work, etc.
Suggestions (PLEASE ADD!)Edit
from Fay Darmawi: article suggestions: Community land trust, HUD, Co-housing, Commercial condo, Non-profit, Redlining; deals that use density bonus ?; Track inclusionary units by deal?
Chris Whelan (3/18/17): I've found this chart to be really powerful, and it'd be great to have versions for SF and the bay area generally: http://la.curbed.com/2015/4/8/9972362/everything-wrong-with-los-angeles-housing-in-one-graph.
Kevin Burke (3/22/17): "chart I would like to see: likelihood of project being pulled given the number of punts/continuances.
surely there are some cofounding variables there... but it would still be interesting. "projects continued for 3 months are killed 15% of the time. projects continued for 6 months are killed 25%" or whatever"
Design / Format issuesEdit
Explore putting YIMBY orgs banner on top of all pages. See https://yimbyaction.org/ for example.
"Featured" box - find way to put it on mobile home page without causing page to expand wider than mobile view (as happened when I tried it so far -Admin].
figure out how to put YIMBYwiki logo on mobile front page
Increase default text size of editor box.
[Bug-fix] YIMBYwiki editor problemsEdit
[please add here any problem reports, diagnoses, or suggestions for fixes]
This wiki uses an add-on visual editor, and it seems there are some bugs with it or how it is set up.
- at times, line breaks are removed, when they are wanted, e.g. for setting off the mobile section as noted above.
- at times, line breaks are inserted. Particularly, I've noticed this happening between sections of a multi-level outline, which causes the number of the outline to break.
Advanced / Blue-sky projectsEdit
Contributor acknowledgement & compensationEdit
[from Admin: I'm interested in exploring models and tools for tracking, evaluating, recording, recognizing, and rewarding user contributions -- for incenting participation, and to explore possible ways to run a publishing venture in more cooperative way. "Reward" might be in various forms such as recognition on site leaderboard and user newsletter and lead-contributors page, increased role authority on site, or receiving (perhaps automatically) stake of project equity or net revenues.
Related topic areas being tracked:
- Platform Cooperative movement
- DCO - Distributed Collaborative Organizations
- DAO - Decentralized Autonomous Organization
- Backfeed.cc, Colony.io, Swarm Corp, Comakery.
Idea Market & Proposals/Initiatives IncubatorEdit
really blue-sky, blue-ocean, left-field, etc..